SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays? Homemade Croutons

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!






One thing I have stopped buying is croutons. We didn't care much at first, but lately, C and hubby have been asking for them. I have a hard time spending money on something I could make better at home. Especially something that I know will be healthier for us if I made it at home. This past week, I had some bread going stale and we were having salad so I figured I'd use up the bread and make croutons. It was so easy and they tasted so good! I really don't have much of a recipe, it's more like a bunch of ingredients thrown together.
You'll need:
bread cut into crouton sized chunks
olive oil
Italian seasoning
garlic

Combine olive oil and spices in a small bowl. Toss the bread in the olive oil until coated. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Flip the croutons, bake for 5 minutes. You'll need to keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. If your bread chunks are larger, you'll want to bake a few more minutes. You want them nice and crisp. Serve over a green salad, or eat by themselves.

This week's featured recipes are:







Now it's your turn. What have you been cooking this week?

4 comments:

  1. That a gerat post today. Love all the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting. I’m a follower, and this hop is found on a page on my site that lists more than 150 hops for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    NCSue
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/05/lets-kill-captcha.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your croutons are very timely for me. Earlier this week, my son wondered what croutons "were made of." Was a little surprised that he didn't realize! Figured we should make some.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails