SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cheap & Healthy Picnic Dish

One of the things I love about summer is all the picnics. But if you have to bring a dish to every picnic, it can get kind of expensive. I decided I wanted to bring a fruit tray to one of our picnics. I was blown away that Giant wanted over $30 for one fruit tray! So, I bought some fruit and made my own.
I had a leftover veggie tray container from a party last year, so I filled it up with fruit that I bought from WalMart/Aldi.

 I made two fruit trays for $11.98. That means I saved over $35! So if you're looking for a healthy, cheap dish to bring to a picnic, consider making your own fruit tray!

4 comments:

  1. I make one on Sundays and keep in the fridge, it is a great way to eat more fruit. I also do a veggie trsy in the fridge for eating off of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit trays, especailly when they have blueberries in them.

    The other thing about bringing a fruit tray, you don't have to worry that someone will get sick because there is no place to keep it cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to reuse a veggie tray for a fruit tray! Nutritious and delicious!

    Living So Abundantly: New meme this coming Thursday, July 7, 2011, Give Back Thursday--join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love fresh fruit trays. And making your own is so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails