SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays - Pasta Carbanora

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!





I have been wanting to try this recipe for weeks. I had to wait until the timing was right (aka when hubby would be willing to eat it) and this week was perfect. I kind of swayed from the recipe a little bit  and the end result tasted just like the dish I ordered at Olive Garden. (Okay, I just realized I added 2 CUPS of milk when the original recipe called for 2 TBSPs. Oops.)

(her picture is MUCH better looking :) )

1 pkg fettucine

3 Tbsp olive oil ,divided
8 slices bacon, cooked & diced
1/2 onion, Chopped
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tub Kraft Original Cooking Creme
½ cups grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup egg substitute

Directions:

Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain. Toss with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and set aside.

Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook until onion is soft. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add bacon, cooking creme and cooked linguine to pan. Toss to coat and heat through.
Mix the cheese, milk and egg substitute together in a small bowl. Stir into pasta, and take the pan off the heat. Toss for 2 minutes and serve.

This week's featured recipes are:


Reese's Cup Brownies


Now it's your turn, what have you been cooking this week?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting. I’m a follower, and this hop is found on a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also just started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon. I follow back!
    NCSue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty. I have been seeing the cooking creme advertised. Have wanted to try it too. Now I will with your receip. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those brownies are awesome!
    Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed it! When I saw your picture I was thinking maybe I posted something wrong in the recipe because I thought it looked a little...um...wet. LOL Glad it was good anyway!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails