SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays? French Bread

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!





As promised, I finally have a recipe to share! :) One of the things hubby didn't like about homemade bread was the crust was always too hard for him. This bread doesn't have a hard crust, but it is really good.

French Bread - Joy In My Kitchen


1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. active dry yeast

3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. butter
Combine water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit until it becomes bubbly and doubles in size, about 10 minutes. Add flour, salt and butter. Knead (I used my kitchen aid) for 8 minutes. Let rise 45 minutes, shape into loaf, let rise 45 minutes more. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.






What have you been cooking this week?


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. I love hops. I’m following.
    Please feel free to stop by to link your Hop and thumbnail on my Button Swaps and Hops page.

    ~ Mona : )
    Mona’s Milestones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love French Bread but haven't made it in years. With just 2 of us, it is so much easier just to go buy it fresh when we need it, but... it just never tastes as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks so yummy. I think I will make it to go with spaghetti this weekend. I linked a wonderful chilled cantaloupe soup today. Come on over and check it out and comment on the post. The Fairy Hobmother might grant you a wish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you {and your husband!} enjoyed the bread. Leftovers make amazing french bread pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on a quest to find a good homemade French bread.

    Thanks for hosting--have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting and sharing.Its always nice to be here.Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the feature Keli, as always I look forward to Whats Cooking Thursdays. There are so many wonderful recipes that get linked up. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails