SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays? Homemade Monkey Bread!

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!


 
Last night, C said something about monkey bread that made us all want some monkey bread. So A and I whipped some up for breakfast. It was so good, we ate it for breakfast this morning and snack this afternoon. It's now gone and they're still asking for more.
 
Monkey Bread


2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

3 cups flour (I used 2 cups white, 1 cup wheat)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup water
 
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
 
Put yeast, flour, cinnamon, salt, white sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and water into your bread machine in the order that is recommended by the manufacturor. Make sure that no liquid comes in contact with the yeast. Select dough cycle...   
Roll out your dough and cut into 1 inch sized pieces.
Melt butter in small bowl. Add brown sugar. Coat dough pieces in butter mixture and layer loosely in bread pan. If you have remaining mixture, pour it over the dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, place a plate face down in top of the pan and turn over until bread slides out onto plate. Serve warm and enjoy.   
 



 


 
What have you been cooking this week?




9 comments:

  1. BTB loves monkey bread.. I need to make this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!! Thank you! I'm sure my family will be very excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Monkey bread is the best...I've tried it with pre-fab biscuits, Parker House rolls, so I definitely need to try the homemade version. I'm sure is delicious and a little better for you! (and I love using my bread machine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first link up with What's Cooking Thursday! I'm linking up with some tasty stir fried tofu.

    About those petite lasagnas, I just made them a few days ago, and they're super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting!
    You know, I've never, ever made monkey bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love monkey bread. Could eat the whole thing myself. Yum. Come over and visit us this week. We have wonderful Southern Favorites. Linked one up today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love monkey bread and this looks delicious! I am going to have to give this a try ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe looks much better than the one I tried years ago.
    I made monkey bread one time, my Granddaughter and I seen it in a magazine. It called for pudding and sounded so good. We got it all prepared and baked it the next morning. This was the worst tasing stuff you would ever want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a much better Monkey Bread recipe than the one I tried for my Granddaughter and I. The one I tried had pudding mix in it and turned out awful.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails