SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's Cooking Thursdays? Cake Pops

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!
Yesterday was my best friends birthday. I wanted to make her a cake, but I didn't want the same old thing. I've seen cake pops around the blogosphere and decided to give them a shot. They were relatively easy and oh so good. I don't even like cake but these cake balls are the best.


Prepare cake according to the package directions. Bake in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Allow to cool completely. Once the cake has cooled, place sections of the cake into a large bowl and crumble with your hands or a fork. When you’re finished, you should have very fine cake crumbs. Next, work the can of icing into the cake crumbs. (Use 3/4 can of icing for firmer cake balls.) Then, roll the mixture into balls. I used my cookie scoop. Throw your cake balls into the freezer until firm, so they don't crumble when you coat them in chocolate. Melt the chocolate according the package directions.
Insert a lolli pop stick into each ball. Dip into chocolate until the ball is covered.Place them back down onto waxed or parchment paper until the chocolate has set. Decorate and enjoy!








10 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. Your cake pops look so yummy! I want to try them again. I tried to make some for my daughter's bday, and they tasted good but looked funny. My chocolate didn't turn out very smooth. Guess I'm not exactly Bakerella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via GFC! Thanks for a wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cake pops look fun! (and easy to make :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I came here to see what was cooking Thursday and I noticed my Berry Muffins! Thank you so much for featuring them! They really are delicious! I think my kids would love those cake pops!
    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have dropped off the blogger planet....hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I really like your blog and am now following you on Twitter and GFC.
    ARe you still blogging?
    Would love a follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping over from the blog hop... following you now! Would love a follow back on my blog.
    http://www.theplanetmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails